Winter hedge onion
Allium fistulosum L.
Sowing: February, March; Large, thick foliage, white flowers.
- Variety"Uncle Ödi's eternal onions"
- Life cyclePerennial
- Art of reproductionVegetative or generative
- Isolation distanceIn generative propagation: 150-200 m; in vegetative propagation 1 m. May cross s with wild species or with the pearl onion (Allium ampeloprichasum ssp. Ampeloprasum group).
- Minimum number of plants (necessary to preserve the properties of the variaty)For generative propagation 5 plants, for vegetative propagation 2 - 3 plants.
- Germination capacity2 years
- PollinationCross-fertilization by insects
- Selection criteriaTender leaves, late flowering, good regenerative ability after pruning the leaves.
- UseKitchen, phytotherapy